At kaspian we are committed in protecting your personal information and this document sets out our privacy commitment which applies to any personal information that you may provide us.
We are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the National Privacy Principles for personal information, as set out in the Privacy Act and any other relevant law.
We understand that any personal information we may collect about you will only be used for the purposes indicated in our policy. Therefore, it is important for us that you provide your personal information confidently as we treat all your personal information with appropriate respect and not use for any other purpose.
What personal information do we collect and hold?
- General information such as:
- ID information such as your name, postal or email address, telephone numbers, and date of birth;
- financial details such as your tax file number; and
- other information we think is necessary.
We may collect information about you because we are required or authorized by law to collect it. There are laws that which require us to collect personal information. For example, we require personal information to verify your identity under Australian Anti-Money Laundering law.
Collecting via your website activity?
If you’re an internet customer of ours, we monitor your use of internet services to ensure that you can receive information from us, and to identify ways we can improve our services for you.
To improve our services and products, we sometimes collect de-identified information from web users. That information could include IP addresses or geographical information to ensure your use of our web applications is secure.
Collecting and holding your information:
We try to collect personal information directly from you (referred to as ‘solicited information’). For this reason, it’s important that you help us to do this and keep your contact details up-to-date.
There are several ways in which we may seek information from you. We might collect your information when you fill out a form with us, when you’ve given us a call or used our website. We also find using electronic means, such as email or SMS, a convenient way to communicate with you and to verify your details.
Collecting your information from other sources:
Sometimes, we will collect information about you from other sources as the Privacy Act 1988 permits. We will do this only if it’s reasonably necessary to do so, for example:
- We collect information from third parties about the loan or lease made available to you arising out of the services we provide you;
- If we could not get hold of you, we rely on public information to update your contact details; or
- We exchange information with your legal or financial advisers or other representatives. If you don’t provide your information to us, it may not be possible:
- What happens if you don’t want to provide us with your personal information: